Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Am I An Addict?

Oh no!!! I'm beginning to think that i'm an drug addict. Are you ? I'm consuming caffeine everyday by drinking coffee.
Therefore,
drink coffee = take caffeine = taking drug = drug addict

ARGGGGHHH!!! Without realising, i'm actually drinking lots of coffee nowadays. Due to studies? Stress? Hmm.. i'm not sure. For your info I actually do drink coffee everyday. Let me see, usually in the morning, that's one for breakfast. Then during lunch " Kopi Ais! " , that's another. Dinner? Hmm not that often though. And lastly during night time another cup of sweet smelling coffee just for the sake of drinking. Hehe. I've even tried once taking in 5 cups of coffee in one day. My goodness!! I don't know what was I thinking back then.

So am I really an addict? I don't know. I don't remember my trembling with a pale face, zombie looking loitering behind the cafe just because i didn't drink coffee. Hmm.. Can I spend one day without coffee? I haven't tried so far. Why? Because there's nothing else besides coffee in my food storage in my cupboard. I've several kinds though. Nescafe ( strong or normal ) , Indocafe, Gold Eagle and even the Famous White Coffee from Ipoh.

I guess I was partially influence by my dad. He loves drinking coffee more than me. His daily consumption is definitely higher than me. Some people can't take too much of it as they would be having a hard time to fall asleep at night. But for myself, I guess either i'm immune or my sleeping ability is much stronger than the effect of the coffee. I'll still end up sleeping after my cup of coffee. Fine i'm weird!!

So i'm just a coffee addict, not an expert, but i've several coffees out there which are pretty good to me. Among them is the one from Old Town Cafe, Coffee Bean and Starbuck ( i think it's a little expensive for a cup of coffee ), there are some nice old coffeeshops around which actually serve pretty good coffee and it's cheap.

I've came across some facts about caffeine.
  • Chocolate contains caffeine. ( So chocolate lovers , you're an addict just like me. *grins* )

  • A can of Coca-Cola ,Pepsi Cola, Mountain Dew, Tea has caffeine. ( So it's even obvious you're one isn't it? )

  • Even a cup of decaffeinated coffee has caffeine. ( So people don't be fooled, it's not really caffeine free, it only has lower concentration of caffeine. )

  • Caffeine stunts a child’s growth. ( Probably that's why i'm not tall. So little kids out there, No Coffee for you!! )

  • Adding caffeine to a regular, two-tablet dose of common ingredients found pain relievers (aspirin and acetaminophen) makes them relieve headache pain about 40% better.
    ( Ohh , it actually helps to get high. Hehe. Just kidding! Please use presciption with reference to a medical consultant. )
Oh lastly, here's a cup of happy coffee for you. Smile and enjoy!! So anyone fancy a nice cup of coffee? Any recommendations of where serve the best coffee?

1 comment:

kopidunia said...

Thanks for sharing. Not sure whether YOU are an addict, I know that I am. And I must agree with you, the Coffee Bean serves some really delicicious coffees. Unfortunately I have to travel far to find one :-(

The Nescafe Blog

Need Some Clicks =)

Blog Updates