Thursday, December 17, 2009

I think I saw, I did, I did..

I woke up bout 530am this morning. I guess I slept right through again. I went out looking at stars. First attempt, I was kinda lost, dunno where to look. On the bright side, the sky was beautiful this morning. Went back to my room, checked for my virtual sky map and look for a more specific location. http://www.astronomy.com/asy/stardome/default.aspx. With specific location and time it'll show you how your sky looks like. So I looked for gemini since it's geminid shower. I've doing so for the leonid but disappointed. I got my location and head out again. Trying to find for gemini, i can't really identify though, but i kinda guess it's that direction, NW. Pretty close. At least my eye will scope down to a smaller area than a hemisperical sky. Waited, and waited. Stared and stared. I saw this airplane flying by. With its blinking light.. blip blip blip... as it passed by. Still no sign of anything. Then I saw the first, I'm not really sure though but i guess i was. Whatever it is, I'll just see and then figure out later. It's just a little dot, like a star but it's moving slowly. Is it ? Or is it not? I dunno. Probably it's just the stars in my mind after staring for so long. 

Then I saw another, same little one heading towards another direction. So I guess it is not the stars in my mind, it is something moving, and moving and moving. The first one disappeared after sometime but this kept going on and on. I guess, a plane would blink so this isn't a plane. It isn't the normal meteor, but i think it's prob is one of them. Prob at different height and doesn't burns as bright. And continue waiting. It was quite sometimes before I see the third. Just standing there staring at the sky is just tiring. I wanted to give up until I saw the third one and so I stayed on a little. Again, slowly flying by. Again, there couldn't be so many planes up the sky at this time. So i'm more confidence that it is what i think it is. As I watch it passing by, zoom... I saw a big one. That's what I normally saw in the pictures. Happy I was, that was a big one. Still not too sure bout the little ones, but i'm sure bout the big one. It was big but it was just less than a second. And I waited, neighbours' light started lighting up. One after another. Until the one next door who lighted up his porch. It's way too bright and glaring so I came back in. Satisfied.. Not sure bout the little ones, but i'm sure of the big one.

2 comments:

silver said...

leonid, leonid...
(wa..so kerap blog lately eh...)

JiHouh said...

of course!

Need Some Clicks =)

Blog Updates