Sunday, November 16, 2008

Completed, Tired, Satisfied

PBIM ( Penang Bridge International Marathon )
Comes the time of the year for this yearly event once again. I've been joining this event for several years already since long long long ago. However this time I think there's a slight change in the organisers. Usually it's being held somewhere in July in USM, but this time in November in Queensbay Mall.
I took part in the half marathon as usual. I haven't got the courage to challenge myself taking the full course. Even so, the half marathon this time is slightly more than usual. Even previously, the total route was 22.5km which was already more than normal 21km, but this time it went up to 25km. This will be the furthest I've taken part in. I did trained a little, just this little. Hehe. Well at least I did run. But still I fear if I couldn't finish the whole race.

Yesterday, I dropped by at Queensbay to collect my shirt and bib number. Then I went to shop for some Powerbars, Powergel and Redbull. Hehe, i need extra energy. Got my stuff ready, pin my bib number, shorts, vest, socks, shoes, that's about it, then went to bed early.
Woke up at 3am, grab some bread, coffee, powerbar, redbull for breakfast. A mixture of too many things will lead to a weird feeling in the tummy. Picked up HL then headed for Queensbay. We had to report ourselves. Hanged around a little and at about 4.30am off went the starting gunfire. Bang! The race has begun. The race on the whole was smooth going right until the last 5km. My left foot feels a little pain. It's not due to muscle cramp but some sort of internal injury i had these two weeks. I slowed down a little but keep struggling on. But it forced my to stop and I had to walk for a short while, while it relaxes a little before I slowly started running again. I try to take it slowly hopefully to struggle my way through. Luckily I manage to keep going at a slow pace but constantly until the finishing point. Completed in about 3hrs 15mins ( a little slow ). Tired, limping my way now. But SATISFIED.
The morning view

Queensbay Mall

Finally...

At the finishing line

ZZZ time.

p/s : back dated post due to exams

No comments:

Need Some Clicks =)

Blog Updates