Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dinner and Dance 2008

Another Architectural Dinner and Dance. For the second year I actually joined Agnes for her D&D. This time round, it was being held on Jan 11 at G Hotel. Cool. I was thinking it was the Gurney Hotel but actually it wasn't. It was much closer to Gurney Mall and it's just G Hotel.

By Rachey Rache on Flickr


By weibep on Flickr

I as usual, a little excited. Dunno why. Probably, we dun have such functions for the Mechanics. What a pity. But great news is somebody is organizing it this year. I'm looking forward to it anyway. Though I dun think it would be as nice as this but I wish the organizers of the Mechanical D&D all the best. That'll be held somewhere later after CNY. So be looking towards it too.

Back. So after class I grab some stuff and hurried to meet Agnes. Eager. She wasn't feeling too good though. Aw.. Having some trouble with her running nose. As I myself was having some tummy problem earlier. Still wandering what i ate the day before, as I ended up in the toilet almost every hour. Rested for a while, took a shower and we left a little early cause the Agnes and her friend needs to get their hair done.

We went to a shop some where near Gurney to do it. It was a bridal studio actually. But they too does hairstyling, makeups etc etc etc. Quite a nice studio. So the girls were in a room while the me and YC had to wait outside for them. Occasionally we would peek inside to have a look on their transformation. *cheeky grin* They started with the make up, then the hair. hmm. That's all my knowledge about it.

We were a little restless waiting outside. So we just played with our hp. The workers were doing some wedding photos. And I curiously just be nosy about it. Then I started walking around. Looking at stuffs, photo albums, and whatever that can kill my boredom.

Back in the makeup room, I saw Agnes got her makeups done and working on her hair. Hmm.. You can actually do wonders with long hair but not short.

Then TaDa. Finally done. Hmm. Girls after transformation sure looks superbly pretty.

Mi bonita novia

We are done in the studio and head off to G Hotel. Straight to the function hall. One of the nicest I've seen. But we were having some trouble finding for the restroom at first. Cause still need make sure everything was done perfectly which includes myself. Trying to look to the best and be gorgeous for the night.

ME!

The function area sort off consist of two parts : The hall in it and there's a little space outside the hall where food will be served, buffet style.Usually the food is served in the hall itself. Quite classy I should say.


the outer hall


Chef ensuring the displays are in order

Then we were asked to gather in the hall. Then they have some opening events.

stage

Then we were ready for the food. Hmm. Lots of delicious food being served. Beef rendang, Lasagna, fish fillet, roasted chicken, pasta, mushroom soup, desserts, etc etc. They just delicious. But there are still rooms for improvement. I'd give a 8/10 for the food.


the food

Then performance after performance ( singing, dancing, b-boys, magic show, slide shows ) . Not left out is also the free dance session. Too bad I didn't really get to dance this time round.

Photo taking is definitely can't be missed. Everyone was dressed in their most glamourous, elegant, charming, beautiful way. Though I'm more left out in this. As I dun really know much people around. So pity me. But still there are,just me and my dear. *happy* After everything was quite over, we continued our photo session in the lobby. A very nice interior indeed. Several sets of sofa of different designs, a mini bar, and more sofas. Hehe.


...


te amo

Then everyone was tired. We went to chill out somewhere outside Gurney Hotel, grab a drink. My energy level was already reaching critical level. Sleep my way back in the car. Reached back home, took a nice shower and jumped into bed.

No comments:

Need Some Clicks =)

Blog Updates